Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pasta salad with sweetcorn, beans and olives

Another favourite salad of mine. It works with any dressing you like, but I think the thousand island one goes really well with the corn and beans.

Ingredients:
Pasta
1 can of sweetcorn
1 can of kidney beans or broad beans
About a dozen black olives
Thousand island dressing

Preparation:
1) Cook the pasta.

2) After it's done, leave it to cool (or just run cold water over it a few times while draining it) while slicing the olives.

3) In a large serving bowl mix the pasta, beans, sweetcorn and olives. Then cover it in the thousand island dressing and stir well again. I usually put on quite a lot of the dressing as the flavour of it goes so well with the other ingredients.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I want to eat this!! It's yummi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never thought to put Thousand Island dressing on pasta salad but it sounds so good! I love everything in this so I'll have to make it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It goes so well with pasta :) My Mum used to make a tuna and pasta salad with thousand island for the dressing so I got the idea from that.

    ReplyDelete