Monday, September 12, 2011

Chossison

This is a French dessert that one of my penpals taught me to make when I was visiting there. I love how moist and rich the chocolate in it tastes. The name literally means 'chocolate sausage', but I think that sounds more like a name for a dildo than for a dessert so I prefer using the French name.

Ingredients:
10 Digestive biscuits (or Graham crackers)
2 egg yolks
50g sugar
60g butter
60g cocoa

Preparation:
1) In a bowl mix the egg yolks and sugar.

2) Melt the butter, then add it and the cocoa to the yolks and sugar. Mix together well until it forms a thick paste.

3) Crumble the biscuits into small pieces, then add them to the chocolate mix and stir together well.

4) Cut a large piece of tin foil, empty the mixture onto it and press it into a long rectangular shape. It's easier using your fingers as it sticks to the spoon a lot if you use it.

5) Wrap the tin foil around the chossison, then put it in the fridge for at least 1 hour and it's ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment